Computer Frequently Shuts off/restarts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pvc4twenty, Oct 3, 2005.

1. pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty Private E-2

I just built this computer from new parts that I purchased through New Egg. The computer will sometimes run for hours without fail and then boom...it shuts off and immediately restarts. I have done the following: Replaced the power supply and power cord, ran diagnostic tests that apparently didn't find any problems with the hardware and added another fan to ensure that the case wasn't getting to hot (it stays around 90 degrees F). Please help me. This problem is driving me nuts.

AMD 64 3500 Venice
    Asus A8V Deluxe
    1 GB Corsair
    Lite On DVD/RW
    200 GB WDigital
    80 GB WDigital
    XFX GeForce 5500e

2. pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty Private E-2

I turned off the restart automatically feature and got this error message: stop: 0x0000008e.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

It can be hard to diagnose stop errors, but the first likely thing to check is memory.

Try one of the memory utilities from the download section here like MemTest.

4. pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty Private E-2

Thanks. Ran memtest and got this error: Error found with word pair: 40324207 or 40323591 (either could be the source). What now? I am a little puzzled considering I tried another brand new stick of ram and the problem continued.

5. pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty Private E-2

stop: 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0x80576B43, 0xBA2FF770, 0x00000000

That is the full error message I get.

6. pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty Private E-2

The mobo I have uses two blue and two black ram slots. According to the manual you must use both blue slots before using any black. I tested the ram with memtest together and got an error message. However, when I tested each stick seperately they both tested fine. Not only that, but my computer doesn't shut off any more. So, either my second blue slot is damaged or.....??????? Any ideas??? I also updated to the most current bios on the Asus website today.

7. david1

david1 Private E-2

I think its trying to run dual chanel but the ram isnt the same

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds