No sound, no audio devices (everest file attached)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Merrie, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merrie

Merrie Private E-2

I'm rather new to this so bear with me. Ok, I recently purchased parts for a new computer which I then had assembled. Everything seemed to be working fine in my new computer until I plugged in old speakers to the new system. Then, problems ensued.

iTunes says "detected a problem with your audio configuration."

Windows Media says "no sound device."

And The Core Media Player says "no audio hardware is available."

No audio device is recognised in the Control Panel under "Sounds and Audio Devices"

My Realtek High Definition Audio Driver did not load properly and fails every time I put in the driver disk.

Under System there is an ! next to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and it says it did not install properly.

My speakers are all plugged in properly. And oddly, if I tell the audio manager that the speakers are actually a headphone set and a mic (instead of speakers) it plays a test sound through each of them. Though the windows system sounds do not work.

I cannot change any of the volume settings because everything is greyed out and unrecognised.

I did uninstall the Realtek audio driver in an attempt to reinstall it but it fails installation every time in both the disc copy and a downloaded copy.

I'm at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mikkh

mikkh Private First Class

When you say you un-installed it, do you mean from add/remove programs in control panel?
    Try right clicking the device in device manager, and use the un-install option there, then reboot the system

3. Merrie

Merrie Private E-2

I uninstalled it from the Add/Remove hardware. When I try to uninstall it via the device manager option it says "failed to uninstall the device. device might be required to boot up the computer."

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Use this link to get to the download page for your motherboard chipset.
    Chipset: Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility for Intel® Desktop Boards
    Download and install it, then try installing your audio driver again.

Realtek can be stubborn, so if this fails again, try these steps:
    Remove Realtek with Add/Remove Programs, then
    Go into Device Manager, under the system folder, right click the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver.
    Disable the device and then uninstall it.
    Install your audio driver, then re-boot.

5. Merrie

Merrie Private E-2

I installed the chipset without issue but the realtek driver still wouldn't install off of my disc. (It gets to 54% and fails)

I'm also not finding a 'UAA Hi-Def Bus driver' in Device Manager.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If it's there it is in System.
    Let's try the Intel audio driver for your mother board:
    Audio: Intel® HD Audio Controller - Realtek* Codec

BTW, Everest doesn't report what your PC is. What is the manufacturer and model #, if I have to get a model specific driver?

7. Merrie

Merrie Private E-2

Thank you so much for your taking the time to advise me but I had the free time and I know of a good place, so I sought out professional help. (for my computer that is. not myself. ;) ) Thanks again.

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You were so close to saving yourself some money. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds