Can't Use Facebook

Discussion in 'Software' started by debodun, May 8, 2010.

1. debodun

debodun Private E-2

I cannot get Facebook to load properly on my computer. When I go to Facebook.com all I see is text along the left hand side of the page. I am never able to navigate the site properly and never see any images and can't get anything to open like the games. Computer - HP Pavilion 750n, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 768 MB RAM, Windows XP home OS, Firefox 3.6.3 browser.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

What type of internet connection do you have?
    Sounds like dial-up.

3. debodun

debodun Private E-2

Road Runner cable high-speed

4. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

This is probably a silly question but do you have the latest version of Flash installed?

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Private E-2

WE are having the same problem , also can't get hotmail to load either this happened at the same time . using windows XP pro and internet explorer .

6. debodun

debodun Private E-2

In answer to g1lgam3sh, I have Flash version 10 installed.

7. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Does this happen on more than one browser, debodun?

Dayvo, please start your own thread for the issues you are having as to not confuse the original poster. :)

8. Dayvo

Dayvo Private E-2

Ok thanks but i managed to fix it :)

9. debodun

debodun Private E-2

In answer to dyamond, it happens no matter what browser I use.

10. debodun

debodun Private E-2

Scans with my ISP anti-virus and malware service (CA Security Suite), and SpyBot show no infections. However, I've found a few other Web sites that show up blank (I can't remember the exact ones now). My Java is up-to-date (I can play Yahoo games which require this software). I notice, though, when I try to work with folders and files, it seems much slower than it used to and when I click on a folder in My Computer in the left pane, the files in that folder display for an instant, then disappear, then reappear about 15 to 20 seconds later.

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Private E-2

When i had the same problem i also noticed that i couldn't use the search function as there was some files missing . After installing the said files i was able to load facebook and hotmail again . This might have been a coincidence and not have been connected to my initial problem but it might be worth a look to see if you can use your search function in the start menu.

12. pctechexpert007

pctechexpert007 Private E-2

I think some files are missing... keep repair your browser file and check again... or reinstall your web browser..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds