Windows 7 - Wired and Wireless Networking Issue - UPNP Devices (Media Devices)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlazinGraphix, Aug 11, 2012.

1. BlazinGraphix

BlazinGraphix Private E-2

The issue is my Windows 7 PC that is WIRED connected to my router is not seeing any of my UPNP Device (Media Devices). From now on I will mention my xbox 360 cause it is the one I use most often but its across the board for all my wireless media devices.

When i am trying to media share to my xbox 360 from my windows 7 they are just not seeing each other. I went through everything all services are automatic and started that need to be. No firewall, media sharing is on. Everything says its should be fine, and it used to be. Just one day I try to stream and it stopped working.

I have read that with the Win 7 being wired and other devices being wireless Win 7 pretty much sets them up on different networks.

I tried to ping my xbox's ip address from my Win 7 PC, and I keep getting time out errors. I have pinged my xbox IP Address from the router and it came back fine. The xbox can also connect to the internet. I am pretty sure my Wired Win 7 and my wireless devices are not on the same network.

Also from my pc when I ipconfig /all I just see my pc, if i goto my network on the router they are all there

How can I fix this. I just want my wireless media devices to be able to communicate with my win 7 pc.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. I have been pulling my hair out for over a month and when I contacted Microsoft, they said sure we can help if you pay $99 first. HELL NO

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Easy way to check if there on different networks is to check the ip address each machine is getting. If its the same first parts, ie 192.168.1.1 and the xbox is on 192.168.0.1 then yes its separate networks. Somethings wireless routers will push the wireless onto a separate network for security purposes, look through your routers options to see if this is enabled to separate the networks.

3. BlazinGraphix

BlazinGraphix Private E-2

All the IP Address are 192.168.1.X I was able to get sharing working for a brief time when I hard reset the router/modem I held the reset button in for 15 seconds and after that it worked. After a while though it stop working again. Do you think it could be the router and not windows 7? Could it be Windows 7 adjust setting after it has been connected for a while?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds