Outlook - Can you minimize to tray?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hoonfan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. hoonfan

hoonfan Private E-2

I have just purchased a PC with Vista (holy hell it takes a lot of system recources) and was hoping an obvious change would happen with Outlook. I would like to keep outlook "always running" but in the background like if it were minimized to the system tray. Similar to how you can minimize the task manager. Am I missing something or can you (or could you already) do this or somethign similar so it doesn't take up space as an open window?

Similar to how groupwise uses only the notify in the system tray if you choose for you Novell users.

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

3. hoonfan

hoonfan Private E-2

Perfect. Thank you.

4. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I would like to keep outlook "always running" but in the background like if it were minimized to the system tray. Similar to how you can minimize the task manager. <<

There are a bunch of tiny apps out there that can do this. My personal favorite is called AllToTray. Once it's installed you can very easily "Minimize to tray" Outlook Express or any other program window. I especially like this one because it is so easy to check and then uncheck the option later on, as well.

[​IMG]

Good Luck!

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

In my Win XP SP2 system, Outlook 2003 does minimize to the system tray. I did no tweaking or installed any third-party utility to make it do this. If I recall correctly, it's always done this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds