New here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Garbageman, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Garbageman

Garbageman Private E-2

Everybody.........well where to start I had a virus a while back and took it to a computer shop he fixed it and got talking to him and he told me about this sight. Well last week I got a problem with that "Antivius xp 2008" malware and thought I would give MajorGeeks a try. Sighned up and went straight to malware forum although I did not read some things in the read me run me list right Timw set me straight and got me back to norm again man it was great Over the last few days I have been reviewing this site and just love it no more calling my buddy when I need help....I just hope someday I might be able to help somebody but until then Im watching..lol

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it all fixed. The guys in malware are the best around.

Stick around and you'll be helping others in no time. ;)

Welcome.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

E

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Hello Garbageman :wave

Welcome to Major Geeks!

6. duckfeet

duckfeet Corporal

Yup: same thing happened to me: I was trying to help out a friend and getting all bogged down in "antivirus 2008" which I had to convince my friends was *malware* and they had actually sent these crooks money for the "premium" version, but the credit card company reimbursed them, and this site--after a couple days of learning curve, on running everything--saved my day...

Only problem is, now the word is out that I am willing to sit for a couple of days and get rid of this stuff, so now I had to post *again* and first time Tim saved me, and now got helped again,,,and just got done running finishing stuff, so I better go tell him thankyou!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds