Dropped Laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samand, Mar 29, 2009.

1. samand

samand Private E-2

HI guys, the title says it all!

I dropped a laptop and it was lightly submergesed for around an hour. The major damage was the screen, although it was viewable. After about a month it over-heated once, then worked without a problem for a week or so when the fans came on fully, the screen went white and it then instanly powered off.

I havent been able to restart it after this. I have removed the hard drive - and booted up another computer with it, so no problems there, but after inserting another harddrive in this machine nothing happens, the power light lights up but thats it. Ive tried booting with both drives to an external monitor and neither work. Also no beeps are heard.

Any tips where i can start here with this one? Thanks guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds