Convert Winamp to Windows Media

Discussion in 'Software' started by overdue, Dec 23, 2007.

1. overdue

overdue Private E-2

I'm having trouble playing MP3 files on my palm tungsten E2's sd card. I can transfer files saved as Windows Media Player files and they work fine but files that have been saved by winamp the E2 does not recognize. For some reason most of the files I have, have been saved as winamp files!

How can I convert all my files to Windows Media Player or how can I get the palm to recognize the winamp files

Thanks

I'm using a card reader to transfer the files

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I learned alot about Winamp here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winamp but that article failed to tell me what the default file format is that Winamp uses. It can playback many different formats but without knowing exactly which audio codec Winamp uses to encode the tracks, there isn't much I can tell. Maybe the link I posted will help you. I'll look around a bit more and if I find something useful, I'll let you know.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

OK. I looked around. I found this at the official Winamp site:
    You need to find out what audio formats your Palm supports, then convert the files that format. Maybe Winamp's converter will do it, maybe WMP will do it, or maybe you'll need something from the Multimedia section here at MajorGeeks. Apparently the standard audio format for Windows Media Player is .wma (Windows Media Audio). You'll probably need to encode your music to this format (96kbps 44.1khz 2pass VBR).
    Good luck.
    I'll continue to research this as I'm always interested in multimedia issues. I'll try to find out more info... what I find, I will post.

:D Happy Holidays :D

4. overdue

overdue Private E-2

Thanks dlb

I was kinda hoping their was a utility out there that could go through my music files, find and convert them? It would also be nice if It could find and remove duplicate files (because when I started collecting I was screwing up and made multiple recording some without proper titles...its a mess)

Overdue

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds