MSN doesn't work

Discussion in 'Software' started by I_Eat_Plastic, Feb 13, 2009.

1. I_Eat_Plastic

I_Eat_Plastic Private E-2

When I log in to MSN it comes up with the error "Windows live messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience"
    about 4 seconds after it has loaded, and after that when i try again it just has the the signing in screen for 10 minutes until it freezes. When i click for more info it says:

AppName:msnmsgr.exe
    AppVer:14.0.8050.1202
    ModName:Unknown
    ModVer:0.0.0.0
    Offset:00000000

I tried deleting MSN's cache but still it doesnt work.

Please help?

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

disable your firewall and try again- if that works, change firewall permissions and renable. If it doesn't- reinstall msn messenger.

3. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

LOL I literally just finished fixing a similar issue with MSN Messanger, I would log in & 5 seconds into logging in I would recive an error report that would not suggest anything :confused

After a tiresome time googling many possible solutions I simply decided to go back to MSN 8.1 nice easy & reliable, you can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f1-79ea-4066-8ba0-ddbed94864fc&displaylang=en

Direct from Windows, pretty much the best place to get it :-D

Hope this helps.

FYI: This post should really be in the software section, if you need anymore help with MSN.

:major2-Bit-Geek:major

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. I_Eat_Plastic

I_Eat_Plastic Private E-2

No, disabling firewall and reinstalling didn't work, I tried installing 8.1 and still didn't work but thanks for the help it's appreciated.

Anybody have any more ideas?:( :banghead

5. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

I had a problem one time with AOL and Firefox - and what I finally figured out was I needed to upgrade my IE. After that all worked fine. Hope this helps.

6. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

are other computers on your network able to use msn? Some schools/workplaces block the ports it uses- this wouldn't cause it to shut down though... You're sure you completely uninstalled it?

Has this always been a problem? or something that jst started happening recently?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds