Graphics card upgrade and Micro-ATX PSU's...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaffacake, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Jaffacake

Jaffacake Private E-2

Hey guys/gals, sorry to pester you with this, but im having trouble answering this by myself.

I have a Packard Bell iXtreme 1907 (P4 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD) which is soon to be treated to a ATI x1950 Pro 512Mb graphics card. Unfortunately, in my haste, I forgot to consider the fact that I may need to upgrade my power supply unit...

I currently have a 250W micro-ATX PSU.

3 questions (sorry!):

1. First of all, will I need to upgrade my PSU (im hearing conflicting arguments on this)?

2. Will I cause any damage to my computer by merely starting it up with the new graphics card?

3. And lastly, if I need to upgrade my PSU, any recommendations? I notice that theres very few micro-ATX PSUs around thats over 300W, let alone one that I think would be the right size etc etc etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

that PSU will in no way run that card. i think that pc power and cooling may make micro-atx psu's but i cant find any at the moment...

i found these: http://www.directron.com/matxps.html
    but they dont look too good...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds