Inserting Emoticons Into E-mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I'd like to insert emoticons into my e-mail messages. I'm using Outlook Express 6.

I've received some e-mail that have emoticons in them, but don't understand how they did that. I used to have IncrediMail and that was fun to use for their emoticons, but I've uninstalled that program due to program freezing.

How can I use emoticons like those on Major Geeks, (animated ones too) within my e-mail?
    Thanks!

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

email protocol itself does not have any codes for emoticons, it depends on which mail program the person is using to view the email. If they used a web-based mail program, for example, this character would become a graphic smiley face :) In order to send an emoticon in the body of an email, you would need to use a program that "places" the attatched image correctly in the text, if that makes sense.

I have not used one, so I can't recommend any to you specifically, but this is the kind of thing i am talking about. http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash/splash.asp

use at your own discretion :p

3. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

just download whatever emoticons you want as gif's, save them in a folder and include them in your messages as you feel the need.

4. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks!
    ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds