pci controller??

Discussion in 'Software' started by snglnluvnit, May 2, 2007.

1. snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit Private E-2

Am trying to install a Belkin G Desktop Wireless card, in a machine running xppro sp2. Card installs and windows sees it in device manager... but... then there is also an entry under "other devices" that shows: "PCI Simple Communications Controller" with the yellow Info "I". have read some microsoft knowledge base articles to no avail, also Belkin does not support any help with this problem.. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, ty in advance..
    Scott

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Did your card work properly?Do you have driver CD?Try to update the driver via network,or install the driver from CD again Properly.

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Sounds like you need a driver for each, like Floppy Disk Controllers and Floppy disk drives. Righr click on PCI Simple Communications Controller. choose Update Driver and the Hardware Update Wizard will open. First choose Yes, this time only, Next, and then Install the software Automatically (Recommended). The Wizard will check for the Driver. If that doesn't work go through the process again but select No, not this time, Next, and then pick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Next. Put the CD or floppy that came with the Wireless card into the CD ROM or Floppy Disk Drive, choose Search removable media and Include this location in the search... then click on Browse, My Computer, choose the location of the media (3 1/2 Floppy or CD Drive), and if there is a folder called Drivers in that location choose that, if there is a folder inside Drivers called XP choose that, then Next at the bottom of the Hardware Update Wizard. Hope I explained it clearly enough, good luck.
    :tas

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Bugballou,thanks for good instruction.

5. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

I keep trying, hope that is all it is... I use Ativa Wireless G USB Network Adapter for wireless on the desktops, under 30 dollars retail. Belkin is a quality brand though.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit Private E-2

Bugballoa, No I have no driver disc, oops my bosses' bad on that. I have downloaded the 'correct" driver version from Belkin site. Have tried installing/uninstalling every way you have explained, and still no "commuication controller'. XP sees card and installs drivers for it. Have done the online update of drivers. I have looked for generic drivers for 'communications controller" in add new hardware wizard, and could not find a catergory for that type of controller?? any more suggestions other than purchase a new/different card, cause that is about where I am at...lol
    thanks for your suggestion

7. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

This remind me of my problem with audio controller,but the problem was My Bit Defender10 Anti-virus plus program.I uninstallthe software and the driver in safe mode,Install ZA and driver again,and reboot,maybe other software or anti-virus do this problem.

8. snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit Private E-2

thanks goran, i will give that a try, cant hurt at this point..

9. snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit Private E-2

Well apparently I needed to load the software first then install the card. GO figure, when all else fails read the documentation... LOL :eek:
    thanks to all for your help and suggestions..
    Scott

10. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I don't understand?were you read this.This is first time to hear that first you install the software ,than the driver.confused

11. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

I should have caught that one, same with the Ativa USB wireless tried installing on Windows 98 machine, it would only work on 98SE, after installing software first. USB 2.0 card (Belkin) didn't get it on 98 either, just 98 SE. I haven't used a PCI card for wireless yet, (those slots seem to go quickly) never had to install wireless software on XP, just driver. Cool, lock and load...
    :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds