I have the following error: Application Error Exception GIFException

Discussion in 'Software' started by drubbin, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drubbin

drubbin Private E-2

I have Windows XP and cannot run the internet. The message I keep getting is an Application Error "Exception GIFException in module aviWUSBS4GC.dll at 000252AF".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Open Event Viewer:

Start>>Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Event Viewer

In the left pane of Event Viewer click on "Application" and in the right pane look for errors or warnings. Double click on the error to open "Properties" and take note of the Event ID number.

Post the Event ID number. This will help in diagnosing the problem.

While in Event Viewer, you may also want to check out "System" for errors.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

try uninstalling the device from computer go to www.linksys.com/download and download the latest drivers for the adapter and try reinstalling the drivers only... no need to install WLAN software or utility...

4. drubbin

drubbin Private E-2

Kniht,

I followed your instructions. Sorry Goran.P, I didn't understand how I could download linksys downloads without the internet.

These are the following error and warning IDs in Application and System:

Application Errors: 1002, 4, 28, 1000, 1001

Application Warnings: 1517

System Errors: 16, 20, 9, 29, 17, 1, 4311

System Warnings: 51, 257, 1073, 1003, 36, 1007, 2504, 1005

Thanks for any help.

5. drubbin

drubbin Private E-2

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

6. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

try uninstalling the device from computer go to www.linksys.com/download and download the latest drivers for the adapter and try reinstalling the drivers only... no need to install WLAN software or utility...

This is if you have a chance to download from another comp.If not firstly download the driver and do the rest of the process.

7. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Try to uninstall Linksys' bundled tools. All you have to do is go to Device Manager, uninstall the device, reinstall the device DRIVERS, not the linksys bundled software, and you should be good to go.

8. meeran_gcsmas

meeran_gcsmas Private E-2

:cryevery time system booting first come with avpo.exe Application error how to remove thise message pls sent me clear explonation

9. meeran_gcsmas

10. meeran_gcsmas

i will chekit event viewer id no :5603

11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

meeran_gcsmas, you have a virus/malware
    See what Prevexx says about it.
    Code:
    http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X2769565878543970189-886705196/AVPO.EXE.html
    I suspect, you want to head over to the malware section and get removal help.

12. zimmy

zimmy Private E-2

I have the same problem, however my application error comes out as 1000. Anyone have any idea what I should do to fix it. I have tried a few times to reload the drivers and that hasn't dode it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds