Gmail down?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cnybud, Nov 10, 2005.

1. cnybud

cnybud Private First Class

Just went to gmail and got a "Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.Please try again in 30 seconds.

"

Anybody had this problem today? I still have not been able to log on for hours now.

2. cnybud

Nevermind. I cleared my cookies and it was fine again.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah, that happens from time to time - it's probably because they changed some information they stored in the cookie.

4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Goldy, did you have to change over to googlemail.com since you are in the UK or did they resolve that.?

5. cnybud

You would think they would let us know this. Thanks for the info :)

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

It'd probably only be a very small change, not really worth mentioning because most people wouldn't care. Might be somthing like very slightly changing the format of the session hash due to a server limitation, which most people wouldn't care about.

And no, I don't have googlemail.com, i have gmail because I signed up when it wasn't a problem, and we're allowed to keep our addresses :)

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

When in Gmail, if you click Help > Whats New it will tell you what new stuff they have launched/added of late, plus whats possibly coming next.

Personalised Google Home page option was last one I noticed of late, most like added to match MS and their Windows Live page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds