Nothing appears on screen after logging in - Windows Vista!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amjad, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Hi everyone!
    I came across this laptop today and I couldn't do anything to fix it.
    Model: HP Pavilion dv6000

When you turn it on, everything is normal until you log in to the password-protected account, after this nothing appears on screen.
    Just the mouse arrow (you can move it around).

I tried restoring the os to an earlier time. I also tried booting in Safe Mode, it was able to pass the welcome screen (The safe mode corner banners appeared) but nothing else.

What should I do?
    Could it be in anyway related to the screen?

:(

2. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

I also have another question that is related to this case...

I don't know if I should put it in a separate thread, but since it's caused by the same scenario, I put it here..

I thought about reinstalling Vista, but since the laptop is only C: (105 GB) and D: (recovery - 8 GB) then doing this would erase all my files (wouldn't it?)

So, I decided to try to get the files out, but this turned to be a harder problem... I used a lot of file managers that work on DOS (those found in BartPE and Hiren's BootCD) but nothing was able to view the partition.. Is it because of Vista? Isn't the file system NTFS?
    What should I do? Should I try to take the hdd out and connect it to another PC after using some adapter?

:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds