Xbox360 / Ps3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Omegamerc, May 17, 2005.

1. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Sigh, with PS3 and Xbox 360 out of the bag for this years E3, does anyone feel their computer is about | | <- yay large? I feel like flinging my 4month old system out the window! The system specs talk bout so much power they seem to make anything you currently have today pretty much tasteless and bumish. Its nice how PS3 blew the wind out of Xbox 360 just days after their spec sheet out to the public, it seems that theyre going head to head for next gen consoles. PS3 doing 1.8Terraflops + 1080p standard? yowzers...

Anywho; feel free to discuss! :D

PS: I own all consoles and treat em equally; though I learn towards xbox titles.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

lean* ...lean damn it!:eek:

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hmmmm it's a tricky one, which would I go for, save for the 360 for xmas this year or wait even longer for the PS3???
    I like the design of the xbox 360, haven't been able to find an image of the PS3 yet.
    The specs are practically the same aren't they, both have 3.2ghz cpu, both with 512mb, wifi etc etc... nothing mentioned about graphics in the PS3 spec though.

But yeh as you said, only upgraded this machine a few weeks ok to the athlon 64 3200+ and a console with an equivalent cpu is being released in few months!!!
    It's not fair!!!!

4. petemate

petemate Private First Class

If you're like me, then you do things with you're pc that you would never be able to do with an xbox. I buy and sell stuff, listen to music, make band demo's, download, watch movies through my TV, play games, write letters, e-mail, browse the web, print photo's etc. and store 300GB of software and films in my computer. when I run out of space, i can just add a new part. The PC will never compete with new consoles again, but they'll always overtake them in a year or two. By the time the PS2 comes out, we'll probably have 5Ghz PC processors anyway; and Nvidea will use the same technology that's in the console for their new cards. The 360 and PS3 are tempting alternatives though due to their simplistic approach to gaming.

5. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

specs AND pics were released... i know there is a story on anandtech... there is also a post on slashdot linking to about 12 different sites with stories.... MMMMMMMMMMM cell goodness. and i think sony felt sorry for NVIDIA cuz it looks like they are the only one using one of their chips. however the 7 bluetooth controller ability looks friggin cool.

6. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

dont the cell procs that sony and microslut are going to be using out spec the amd 64s.... triple core cell processors?

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Cell processors seem VERY cool... read an New Scientist article about them, and their potential... seems just a bit scary! The fact that NS did an article about a processor for a console is in itself very exciting!

8. Todd

Todd oddity

100% going towards xbox 360

i have owned a ps2 for 3 years and i have bought two games for it...grand trismo 3 and 4....not worth it when the same games comes out for both systems

9. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

I agree that the new consoles cannot take the place of a PC. The PC has many more capabilities that make it more useful than playing games. With that said, I was considering doing some upgrading to my PC when the next gen graphics cards roll out and dual core processors are readily available. I don't think I'm going to upgrade any more. Why on earth would a drop $1500 at LEAST on an upgrade that still won't compete with the new consoles? I've never been a console gamer, but I'm sold on these!

10. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

By the way... has anyone else been downloading these new game trailers that are rolling out right now for the PS3 and XBox360? These games are SICK! Every game I'm looking at right now looks like it would run about 5 FPS on my PC - and I'm not exactly running a slow machine.

11. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Can you send me some links to them??

12. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3games.html

Here's a list of them. Gamespot trailers are usually crappy, but you can get the idea of what the games are looking like - and then if you find something you like, try googling and see if you can come up with a better resolution file. The game "Gears of War" for Xbox3 has me the most impressed so far.

13. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yeah see what you mean!
    Look good, I'll do some research but bedtime now! Night all!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds