DirectX Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cobra, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

I have a DirectX problem. Applications such as The Sims 2 requires DirectX, but when you go to run the game it says something to the effect that DirectX isn't installed. When I go to dxdiag it says DirectX 9c is installed, but when I go to the "Display" tab the options of DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceration, AGP Texture Acceleration, and Text Direct3D aren't available. I have reinstalled DirectX, but this doesn't fix the problem. I have a NVidia GeForce 5200FX graphics card with the latest graphics drivers. This problem started right after I installed The Sims 2 on both of my computers. Any ideas?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

See how you go over here.

3. Cobra

I have gone through that and it doesn't seem to help. I have ran Driver Cleaner and removing the drivers doesn't seem to help at all. When I start Unreal Tournament 2004 it gives the Critical Error:

"Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by running dxdiag and enabling Direct 3D acceleration in the Display 1/2 tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and the latest drivers for your graphics card."

These problems started after I installed The Sims 2 on both of my computers. I uninstalled that, but still nothing works.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Is it possible for a system restore to just before installin the sims?

5. Cobra

It would be possible but impractical. This problem has been occuring for over a month now and I've done a lot of things to the system in the last month.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds