Outlook sends Word Copy/Paste as attachment

Discussion in 'Software' started by ebierbauer, May 27, 2004.

1. ebierbauer

ebierbauer Private E-2

I have a text document created in Word 2000 SR-1. I wish to copy part or sometimes all of this document to an outgoing Outlook 2000 SR-1 mail, and have the copied and pasted text appear in the body of the email. However, many times the receiver gets a message which reads "please view the attached file" and the information I thought I had sent as part of the body of the email now comes over to my receiver as an attachment.

Moreover, this does not happen 100% of the time. Occasionally, the mail goes exactly as I want it to, with the receiver able to open the mail and read what I pasted in the body. I cannot determine what differentiates the automatic attachment of my copied/pasted text, and that same text appearing as intended.

Please advise. Thank you.

-Eric

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Try sending the email in plain text or RTF.

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

What Kodo has stated more than likely will solve your problem.

on the same toolbar where the send button is found. you will also find the option on how you wish to send your message.

Html
    Rich Text
    or
    Plain text

4. ebierbauer

ebierbauer Private E-2

Sorry. Just tried it. Plain text is the default, and I switched the email to RTF and the same thing happened. I'm in a sixth floor office. I'm thinking that's high enough to teach this computer a thing or two...

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Love to see that. thinks to self.......self, I wonder how high that computer would bounce. :D We'd all like to do something similar at some time or other. Bazza

======

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Do you have all the latest updates and service pack for office 2000? ( SP3 is last one afaik )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds