Advanced Home Network Troubleshooting Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barrettrouton, Mar 18, 2008.

1. barrettrouton

barrettrouton Private E-2

My network is as follows I have 2 wrt54g's one runs a micro dd-wrt firmware and the other runs the stock firmware. In the den I have our dsl modem connected to the stock wireless router. It's local IP is 192.168.1.1 the router connects to the internet via ppoe (or whatever it's called). There is a computer wired to it via one of the routers ethernet ports. It gets its IP via DHCP usaully 192.168.1.101. Now I have the other router in my bedroom it bridges my two networks wirelessly its IP is 192.168.1.2 2 computers are wired to it my desktop (static IP 192.168.1.69) and my laptop via its dock (static IP 192.168.1.70) there are also various laptops that connect via the wireless G. It all works great until well I decided I was going to host a halo game on my desktop (192.168.1.69). Halo uses the ports 2302, 2303 and of course 80 for listing the server on the database or whatnot. how would i set this up being that I am using 2 routers. I tried using forwarding but no luck noone can join my game. I disabled windows firewall and set 192.168.1.69 as dmz on both routers still no luck. any idea of what I should do?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds