Directx problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Laochthebrave, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Laochthebrave

Laochthebrave Private E-2

I currently have dx 9C but i am having problems with some games. I get error messages that a file is missing. When i tried to reinstall directx it goes through the install and doesn't put the files in. I am trying to reinstall the most recent version but i have not been successful. i read on a post about using the uninstaller to rollback the version but the uninstaller game me an error saying my windows version was not supported. I would really like to get this fixed so i can play the games that i have spent so much money on. it is very frustrating to say the least. I am hoping that someone has experienced the same problem and can help me fix this. I appreciate any advise you can offer.

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

What OS are you running?

3. malware killer

malware killer Private First Class

No matter what else you might have read in a different post, you CANNOT uninstall DirectX; once it is installed, you have to wipe the drive and start over. The same thing applies when DX is upgraded. If you were using DX7, then installed a newer version (DX8 or DX9), you would NOT be able to uninstall the new version, and there is NO way to "rollback" to the previous version.

Post the EXACT error message you are seeing here, so we can research it and try to help you resolve this. Without seeing the EXACT error message you've mentioned, we really can't do much more than guess about how to help you fix your system.

4. Laochthebrave

I am using windows xp sp2

5. Laochthebrave

Error reads: "The application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found"

6. erikske

erikske Sergeant

Did you use the web installer? It seems to be an issue with that installer. It can be solved by either downloading the standalone DirectX Installer (52mb), or by manually downloading d3dx9_30.dll and moving it to %windir%\system32.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds