usb flash drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gsr415, Feb 7, 2005.

1. gsr415

gsr415 Private E-2

i just bought a usb flash drive and i plugged it in and it doesnt seem to be workin git says i have to install some software which i dont get cause most flash drives dont need that , am i doing something wrong?

2. gsr415

gsr415 Private E-2

and it always says i need this file USBSTOR.SYS if that helps

3. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i'd check with the manufacturer of your flash drive. mine is made by pny, and it did come with software. however, i only have to use it on windows 98 machines. it works fine on my windows me, and xp computers (drivers already there). anyway, hope this helps. - sos

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Any usb drive under windows me or 98 will need drivers. 2000 and xp have the drivers built in.

5. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

I have a Cruzer 256mb and it works fine with XP. I have a non internet IBM Thinkpad w/ w98. I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturers website to a disk to install and I keep getting an error. That it can't load the file. I have no idea what the deal is.

Anyone with an idea?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds