IE not displaying some images

Discussion in 'Software' started by sdice, Jul 29, 2005.

1. sdice

sdice Private E-2

I run Win XP SP2.

IE is not displaying some images. All I get is the white box with the red X in it. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Internet Options, Advanced, Show Pictures...this IS checked.

2. In the registry editor: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gif and .jpg. Both edit string dialog boxes read image/gif and image/jpg respectively.

It's doesn't seem to be affecting performance, but it is extremely annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sdice

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

May seem a little obvious but are you sure the images are there? Typically a red x means the images arn't present. If it happens to be you hosting a site. The issue may be because you didn't watch capital letters when you uploaded them and as such you can't find them online.

More information is needed as to the exact problem though, you're a little vague.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds