Can't get port 6000 to redisplay x11

Discussion in 'Software' started by whoaisme, Nov 9, 2006.

1. whoaisme

whoaisme Private E-2

I have Exceed 2006 installed on an IBM Thinkpad laptop and the application works for everything but the xterm redisplay back from a unix server. I have turned off the Windows firewall, added the Xwindows to the exception list on the Windows firewall and checked that I'm at full duplex. It works on my desktop and I tested it on other laptops and they work properly. I have Windows XP SP2. I was asked to encrpyt the harddrive but others have done the same and their laptop still works for xterm. I've installed Ehtereal to diagnose the problem, but can't pin point why it is not redisplaying the unix login xdisplay. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds