Can't see a computer in the network!???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deewar25, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Deewar25

Deewar25 Private E-2

This one has me baffled - we have a network of 7 computers all on XP, one of them though, can only see 5 of the computers and not the other 2, whereas the other computers can see those 2 no problem. Main issue with this is that one of the printers run off one of the computers that have disappeared. I've checked all the basic 'sharing' settings and tried to search for the computer by name, but nothing shows up. The strange thing is that when you go to install the printer, it shows the printer in the domain, but it says printer name is invalid.

Any suggestions? Is there somewhere in security where you can specific which specific computers can have access to yours???

TIA

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. Deewar25

Deewar25 Private E-2

Thanks for that - put me on the right path - turned out to be in norton security and our IP address wasn't in her 'trusted zone'....all good now, but man norton can be annoying sometimes.

thanks again.

4. savinh

savinh Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds