FAT 32 versus NTFS

Discussion in 'Software' started by kahless, May 23, 2003.

1. kahless

kahless Ranger Ru Paul

I have this old game i loved to play when i ran 98, Now i run XP home. Anyway my game does not support NTFS formatting, I was thinking of making a partition on one of my harddrives a FAT 32 partion. Will winxp HAve a trewmendous fit residing on an NTFS partition and running aps from a Fat 32 partiton?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

No. it will work fine.

curious though. what game is it?

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

works fine. did it previously. Had an NTFS drive for system and a FAT32 drive (formatted that way) which stored my docs and a couple of games and swap file. Worked well.

4. Suzuki

Suzuki Private E-2

I agree, no problem with that. Will work fine. And yeah .. what game is it?!!

5. CloX-IT

CloX-IT Private E-2

tight lipped about that one eh? :D

must be playing the game...

6. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Must be old. The only games that have a fit try to bypass the OS and access the disk more directly.

Kinda like not putting a speed throttle on games. Bad programming methods used to increase performance.

The only game I'm aware of is MechWarrior 2 (and Ghost Bear's Legacy... maybe Mercenaries, too), but that might be an issue woth something else. IIRC, Warcraft I doesn't work well under an NT OS either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds