Pages too large

Discussion in 'Software' started by gulfvis, Jun 21, 2005.

1. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

When using a program or viewing a website, the pages appear too large and I have to adjust the size with my mouse in order to see everything. I do not use the maximize/minimize buttons in the corner of the pages but use the resize arrows for vertical and horizontal adjustments. If I close the program and reopen the pages do not retain the size that I adjusted them to but revert back to the larger view. I am not inexperienced but cannot seem to get the pages to retain an appropriate viewing size. Any Help?
    Thanks

PS -I am using WinXP Home Edition.

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

the text sizes on the webpage?

controlmind

3. Zma

Zma Private E-2

Your question is a little hard to understand... but here are my thoughts.

Try adjusting your resolution. Right Click desktop>Properties>Settings, then change the resolution to 1024 by 768 Pixels, or whatever size fits you best.

You also may want to try going Internet Explorer> View> Text Size> Medium

I am really not sure either of these will fix your problem... infact I doubt they will, but they can't hurt.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  4. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I am sorry if I wasn't clear in explaining my problem. When I start a program or view a webpage, the program pages and webpages are too big for the screen. If I manually adjust the size while working with a program or view a page it is ok. However, if I close and restart a program the pages again are too large for the screen.

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Try pressing F11. If it doesnt work just press it again to get it back to way it was before you pressed it.

controlmind

6. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I tried the F11 key but it does not help. Veiw is still too large for the screen when I open any program. I can resize and retain the size of webpages but not programs.

7. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I am using 800 X 600 pixels. I have tried to re-set the resolution but that only effects my desktop icons and reduces them to a very small image.

8. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestions and help. I was able to keep troubleshooting and found that someone had pressed a button on the front of my monitor that allowed for the settings to get out of whack. All is OK now. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds