Jobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sunflowerseeds, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am going to school not to far from now. And I was going for schooling for computers. I was wondering what kind of jobs people can get in the world, with just basic (and maybe a little schooling of computers) at college? I know theres people that can fix/reformate computers for living in a small store, but will that support me my whole life? I think they charge 75 dollars a reformate so one a day be fine to me:p Anyways I was wanting to know what kind of jobs you got(little briefing of what it is and what you do and what you had to go to school for if any? I don't know if I am able to do something at home and be at home job while doing stuff? Like on forums here theres different sections and each one I am confused and don't know what they are exactly.

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

the IT industry isnt just a "go to college and youre done" industry. if you want to progress in IT, college is just the beginning. if you just have "basic" windows knowledge, you might be able to get a job at geek squad or something, but even then having your A+ cert is usually required.

i got my AAS in networking and work as a network admin. we covered everything from basic A+ stuff, routing and switching, VB/batch scripting, security, server 03 administration with active directory/exchange/ISA... theres a lot...

3. See thats something tho. I hear people say "I work doing networking" I know basic on it and I can obviously google the word. But what is it?

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

What is what?
    Google can only get you so far. Still have to know what exactly you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds