Problems Reinstalling Windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by mak1, Dec 13, 2010.

1. mak1

mak1 Private E-2

Hey all, so i was browing the internet on Google Chrome, when it crashed. I uninstalled it, and installed firefox, and was browsing for about two minutes. Firefox then stopped working, and i got the Blue Screen of Death.

I have experience reformatting computers, and so i tried with both the xp disc, and the 7 disc.

With the xp disc, i got this error, and keep getting it.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer.
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
    computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
    Check for viruses on your computer.
    Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.
    Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
    Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your
    computer.
    Technical information:
    ***STOP: OXOOOOOO7B (OXF78D663C, OXOOOOOOOO, OXOOOOOOOO)

With windows 7 Disc, I deleted the old Partition, Reformatted the new one (and as you know, the computer has to restart after this), and every time i try to restart it now from the hard drive, it works for a bit, says starting windows, and then halfway through that, it blue screens really quickly, then restarts.

I have also done all the system checks (such as memory and hard drive) and it finds no errors.

Any help appreciated, thx.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mak1.

Is your hard drive SATA? If so, you might have to load any SATA drivers before the Windows install.

And, how are you running drive tests?

3. mak1

mak1 Private E-2

Ill try and find out about that SATA thing you were talking about, and the tests were the quick hard drive and memory tests that you can do from the BIOS.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds