SWAT 4 entry point error

Discussion in 'Software' started by 4mmo, Nov 18, 2012.

1. 4mmo

4mmo Private E-2

i recently bought swat 4 but when i open the game, it shows this error
    "The procedure entry point ??0gzifstream@@QAE@PBDH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib.dll"
    i tried renaming\deleting zlib.dll but the error still comes up. i have v1.0 of the game

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

I would be tempted to re-install the latest graphics driver for your PC GPU card.

In some cases zlib errors can be a sign of malware, so do scan for malware and use our Read and Run Me guide in the malware forum.

3. 4mmo

4mmo Private E-2

WIN XP sp 2
    i shoud probably mention that zlib.dll wasn't a part of the game's orig install.i got a similar error with core.dll (which is part of the game) and someone told me core.dll was corrupt. so i downloaded and put in a new one in but then i got a message saying it couldn't find zlib.dll and so i downloaded zlib.dll and put it in
    sorry for taking so long to respond

4. 4mmo

4mmo Private E-2

problem solved.
    reinstalling worked (why didn't i do this before?)

5. Tilter

Tilter Private E-2

Hey With all directory uninstalled or half directory uninstalled ?:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds