What You Played, What You Expected, and What You Got

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roguefighter15, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Roguefighter15

Roguefighter15 Private E-2

After seeing all the problem-related topics in this forum, I figured I'd post a "normal" gaming discussion topic. I'll start.

What I Played: World of Warcraft

What I Expected: A deep, complex MMO that would take hours of personal research to fully understand; wholly addictive game that would eat through my wallet with its monthly fees

What I Got: An easy to learn, easy to use MMO that held my hand in a good way; awful, run of the mill quests, unaddictive game that caused me to cancel my subscription after the first free month.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What I Played: New Wolfenstein

What I expected: Old school look, sounds and feel, maybe some of the play from older Raven games like Soldier Of Fortune.

What I Got: Another scripted game with narrow play areas. Good graphics and fun, but no doubt why first person shooters have gone downhill. Sadly these guys can't seem to capture the simplicity of the old games in a modern environment. If you didnt know the name of the guy in the first Wolfenstein, you would not know this was Wolfenstein.

Too bad you didnt play the WoW expansions. I have played for 5 years, the game got better with the expansions. Quests were better, etc.

3. Roguefighter15

I actually have the Burning Crusade, but the vanilla game didn't hold my interest long enough for me to experience that content. The appropriate level for starting BC is 60, and I couldn't fathom going another 40 levels (I made it to 21 as a hunter) by grinding and doing boring, lame fetch quests. Instances weren't even that fun for me with my guild. =/

I also played the new Wolfenstein, and I agree on all counts.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

With Lich King, you can make a Death Knight at 60 but if you were not feeling it, it most likely wont matter. Wish there was another really good MMORPG out there. The new Batman Arkham Asylum is supposed to be good, still in shrink wrap here, I have to play it soon!

5. Roguefighter15

I was thinking about trying Eve Online. For some reason, I could see myself getting more wrapped up in a space MMORPG. Plus, it's available on Mac, and I always prefer using OSX over any version of Windows.

I watched one of my friends at school play through Arkham Asylum on his PS3. Great game, if a little repetitive. I'll pick it up when it drops in price.

6. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

from 60-75 I had a great time with the new areas and quests but after a couple weeks playing through the quests grinds on Lich King, it got stale for me and I eventually unsubbed.

WoW has been off and on for me. I've had it since it's release played till 60 before expansions then quit for 4 years. Came back after Lich King came out and quested till mid 70's then got bored again :p I will probally reinstall it and give it another shot in a year or so :)

I am really looking forward to left 4 dead 2 though.

I read that the new Star Trek MMORPG is supposed to be really good. I don't know much about the Star Trek universe and have never really been a fan but I am going to give it a shot when it's released.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds