NFS Shift Whos Played?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MoPaR, Oct 4, 2009.

1. MoPaR

MoPaR Private First Class

I grabbed a copy of nfs shift yesterday, not even sure my system would run it but heck, i'ma die-hard nfs fan! :cool
    AMD Sempron 3100+ (1.8) yes its single core rolleyes
    2gig ddr
    ati hd 3650 512mb agp
    wd 500 gig sata
    According to the "minimum requirements" I shouldnt be running this game at all, HA!

I must say, I do like it, unfortunately I had to turn the gfx settings way down so I lose alot of the experience.
    The cars are great, I really like the event layouts.

i'm still in tier one cars and still getting use to handling, as they have really improved car physics in this game. After 4 hours of late night playing last night, normally I would be into tier 2 or 3 in past nfs games, this one is a bit more challenging.

2. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Cheesy story line aside, NFS Most Wanted by far is the best of the series. Having said that though (I haven't played Shift yet), is it like GRID like I've heard? Or better? Or worse?

3. MoPaR

it is alot like GRID, but I have to say grid is better, only slightly ;)

4. MoPaR

Beginning to take that back :confused I wanted to see what my car was worth to sell, so i headed into my cars, selected sell car, saw value, hit CANCEL and it sold me freakin car!!!! :mad
    Add insult to injury, It then would not let me buy another one or leave the car lot! :mad
    Once into the tier 2 cars, I chose the Dodge Challenger Concept??? This car has been out of concept for 2 years now EA!!! rolleyes

OK tbh here, i'm becomming VERY disappointed in the progress of this game, not with just the above mentioned, but, the experience as a whole, no matter how you tune/upgrade your car, it handles like crap! Leaving it stock is about the best you get.
    No matter how i try to set the steering deadzones etc, it allways oversteers in every corner... crap i say!

Sorry but, GRID is beating this one hands down at this point. I won't give up completely, but, My afformentioned enthusiasm is diminished.:cry

5. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I played the demo on PS3 so this is first impressions, I will be trying the full game soon but I have to say I'm dissapointed. It's a gorgeous game, great sound but while it drives well it's wrong, hard to explain but I've played al the NFS's of the years and the Gran turismo's, pretty much stuck to those 2 series, the reason those 2?......simple, NFS's are the best arcade racers ever made, very shiney, cool slow mo's and action with intense speed, what they are not and have never been are simulators, thats GT's turf and nothing compares for realism to the GT series.
    The game is ok but it just seems to be trying to be a sim but it can't get away from it's arcade roots.
    NFS's are awesome, but simulators they are not. Stick to what you're good at EA.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds