Halloween Horror!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stubby, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Okay, this is the time of year for horror flicks, what is your favorite kind? The classic, Frankenstien, Dracula and Werewolf? Or maybe the larger monsters like Godzilla, King Kong? Or maybe the more bloodier kind, like 'Night of the Living Dead,' 'Dawn of the Dead,' or maybe the Michael Myers type? For me, I go for the Zombie type! Every year I break out my George Romero movies, the Mt. Dew and popcorn, and watch all 6 of his movies, which includes the re-makes of the 2 I mentioned above. My favorites have to be the original 'Dawn of the Dead' and 'Day of the Dead!;)

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Oh, the original "Frankenstein" with Boris Karloff, my all time favorite... ;)

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

Borat movie do to it being big scary monsters.

4. MadDoc

MadDoc Private E-2

all of the classics: "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Dracula", "Frankenstein", "The Werewolf", etc...

dark room... couple of candles... open window (for a cold breeze & to make the candles flicker)... fire in the pit... heavy blanket... hot cider... mmmmmmm

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I absolutely love cheesy horror movies! My favourites are the Evil Dead series and anything by Troma Films (but most particularly the Toxic Avenger series and Nuke 'Em High series). I've got quite a collection of zombie flicks (I, too, love the original Night of the Living Dead and its sequels). Basically anything that looks like it was made with a $1.98 budget where you can almost (and sometimes actually) see the edge of the bucket as they throw the stage blood. :-D

6. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

clockwork orange :-D

7. MadDoc

MadDoc Private E-2

Excellent SGT Tibbs!!! Sounds like a blast to me! Don't forget being able to see the strings on the bats/birds, and irritatingly fake high-pitched screams of the "B" Queens, and the axes, knives and other weapons that bend as the bad guy waves them around :) hehehehe

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Not really a horror movie, but my vote is "Army of Darkness".

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I don't like the slasher movies. I much prefer scary type thrillers like 'Silence of the Lambs' or 'The Others'.

10. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

my vote would have to go to the alien movies the first 2 were choice.but if i have to go for a classic it would be the blob.

11. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

12. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Army of Darkness. Easily.

13. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

The Original Wolf man with Lon Chaney Jr. is always good for a laugh. Or the old Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi classics.;) On a different genre, 'The Fog' and 'The Thing' are good atmospheric movies, i.m.o.

14. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

One of my favs!!

15. Stubby

Actually Hrlow2, 'Army of Darkness' is considered a horror movie! Actually, it's considered a sci-fi\horror\comedy!;) What I find odd is that no one mentioned 'The Shining':confused Surely, Jack should get at least an honorable mention:-D Just for the heck of it, here is a list of, what some people think, are the best and the worst horror movies http://horrorscififilms.suite101.com/discussion.cfm/4931

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Well, Stubby, I couldn't comment on either, because I didn't see them... I don't like slasher movies, or gross stuff. I'll stick with my original! toflmao Jack can get an honarable mention, he is weird anyway! :-D

17. Stubby

WHAT???? TeeCee???? You've never seen 'Army of Darkness':confused If you get the chance, you need to watch it either on TV, or rent it. It's really pretty good and the gore is held to a minimum. It's all there, action, comedy and, of course, the slaughter of the Undead:-D Then again, that's only MY opinion and, granted, you may not like it.;)

18. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

NOPE! I'll pass, thank you! You can keep the gore, for sure.. :-D
    You are right, I wouldn't like it! ;)

19. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to bash your @#$%$#^& brains in! :-D

The Shining is a riot!

My favorite "horror" film:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Tell 'em Large Marge sent you! :-D

20. Aragon

Aragon Private E-2

Red Rum! :)

21. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

The Hammer films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing as Dracula and Van Helsing. They used to scare the spangos outta me when I was a bairn. Still good value for your pound.

Long live Hallowe'en.

22. MadDoc

MadDoc Private E-2

gotta agree with Joey on this one... gotta love he classics!!! It made you use your imagination more than the stuff today where it's all out therei nt the open

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds