5.1 Surround Sound Speakers for my CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by domonas, Sep 8, 2005.

1. domonas

domonas Private E-2

Ok, bought some 5.1 surround sound speakers for my computer a little bit ago. My motherboard supports 5.1 speakers and when I use the software for the mobo sound card, I can hear all 5 channels (and subwoofer) very clearly.

So I try to play some mp3's using Windows Media Player and I can't get any bass out of it unless I use the software's bass boost option. Without it, even with my subwoofer's gain all the way up, I hear no bass. Secondly, with mp3's and even audio CD's I don't get audio out of all 5 satellite speakers... just the front 2 and the center channel.

Any suggestions? Does anyone need more info on my computer?

Oh, the mobo is a Chaintech VNF3-250 and the speakers are Philips 5.1-Channel Computer Speakers MMS460.

Thanks for helping out a noob!

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Do you have your speakers set up to be surround sound 5.1 speakers?
    If you go into the sound settings then speakers in control panel, you can adjust it there.

Nice speakers by the way :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds