Restore Unload.msi?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Celes123, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Celes123

Celes123 Private E-2

I have an HP printer, and I have used HP Image Zone to upload pics from my camera successfully for years. Suddenly, when opening Image Zone, I get an error saying that Windows cannot find "unload.msi". I didn't remove it intentionally, I have not made any recent changes to my registry etc., and can't find where Spybot (the typical malware product I use) had removed that file for any reason. I can't download pics without this file. I saw a previous post exactly like mine from 03/07 called "unload.msi ?!?", but I didn't see any responses to his query. The "error" example he attached is exactly like mine. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

try reinstalling your camera and printer software over itself to see if it will fix it. If you originally installed from their disks instead of updated stuff from the manufacturers site then use the disks. But if you used newer software you downloaded from HP or your Camera maker then install that so you over write with the same version. Otherwise it would be best to uninstall both and reinstall new versions for your models. Its not unknown for an anti-virus or spyware app to get a false positive and remove something safe and important. It would be a good idea once you get it back to put a copy of that particular file on a floppy or something for safe keeping incase it happens again. zipping it up in a pass protected rar or zip file will save it from deletion too, then you can just store the file with the program and so you don't forget the pass name the file with the pass in the name.

3. Celes123

Celes123 Private E-2

Hey, thanks everyone. I found my original software as suggested, and Windows snatched the file I needed off the installation disk. Now HP Image Zone works find. Thank you so much.
    Something interesting....I had another dll. file missing from Real Player. I had to get that from "dll.downloads.com." It works fine now. Strange that these files are suddenly missing. I have not done anything unusual lately except uninstall Logitech Camera. Interesting. Thanks so much again. Cindi.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds