AC Milan goalkeeper faking it!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grumbles, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Date : 3rd October 2007
    Venue : Parkhead, Glasgow, Scotland
    Match : UEFA Champions League Group match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZviLX37sMY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5quClWlSY&mode=related&search=

Celtic have just scored a last minute goal against the European Champions, AC Milan, at home in front of nearly 60,000 fans :)
    The supporters are ecstatic and one fan runs on to the pitch to celebrate. He runs past the Milan goalkeeper, Dida (Brazils' #1) and lightly taps him on the shoulder area as he passes.
    Dida runs after him, realises he won't catch up so fall to the ground holding his face. He is stretchered of the field, holding and ice-pack on his cheek :confused
    IMO, whether he is supposed to be the best goalkeeper in the world or not, he is certainly the biggest cheat I have seen.
    UEFA have in the past, awarded the victims team the game, banned clubs from playing at home, fined clubs massive amounts and banned supporters. It is obvious to me, that this Dida guy was trying to get Celtic into as much trouble as possible :(

What take have you got after watching the clip??
    G

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i am not a big football (soccer in the USA) fan but it has been hard not to follow this incident they have played it incessantly on TV here and it does look to be a faked injury but that is not going to stop FIFA from imposing penalties against Celtic.

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1597232007

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

i watched that game and what an idiot he made of himself:D dont fancy his chances at a punch up in my local barroflmao

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I don't get it. Why is he a cheat? A baby, yeah...but I think I missed the part where he was cheating.:confused

5. wildwolf220

the theory is he knew they were going to lose the game so he thought he would make more of the incident to try to infulence the result. IE get the game awarded to them because of the fan attack. well thats one theory anyway...

6. LauraR

ah..ok

7. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Um, seriously, video is great and all, but if you werent there, really dont know what happened, video can be influcened by angles and such.

8. barry2000

barry2000 Private E-2

I am a Celtic fan and was at the game. The guy was just a bit over-enthusiastic and ran on the pitch to celebrate Celtic going 2-1 ahead. He only tapped Dida but like you saw he fell to the ground seeminly in pain and was strechered off. FIFA look seriously on these type of actions from fans among many things can dock points off Celtic for this which can affect thier qualifying for the later stages:(. The fan handed himself in to Police. He got a lifetime ban from all Celtic games, may go to jail and has received hundreds off death threats from Celtic fans.

Barry

9. LauraR

Damn...that's pretty harsh. Who cares? Sometimes you have an enthusiastic fan. Fine them, sure, but to send them to jail?? And death threats???rolleyes

Are you saying they actually take points away from the home team if a fan runs onto the field??

10. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I watched the world cup for the first time last year and was astounded at the number of people taking dives and writhing on the ground and being carried off the field. I got so turned off by those antics and apparently it's the thing to do in soccer. I've never seen that kind of crap in that amount in any other sport be it hockey, football or rugby.

11. wildwolf220

yes Laura points can be taking away from a team for things such as this. sanctions can include. fines. point deductions. having to play future games behind closed doors. having to play future games at a netural ground. or even being throwing out of the Competition.

12. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

The present Celtic Manager, Gordon Strachan was attacked by a fan in 1980 - the fan's life was destroyed by death threats etc.
    See this link for the story :
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56844

13. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

The diving and faking of injury is sadly what all the European/South American teams do. None of the UK or Irish players or fans tolerate this behaviour. It is just another way of cheating. Where has sportsmanship gone to these days. :(

14. LauraR

Wild. I've never heard of such a thing. I'm from Philly. haha...i thought OUR fans were bad. :D

15. LauraR

k...:confused I'm still not getting the whole cheating thing. So, if someone is injured, what happens? I thought in soccer, there were penalties for illegal contact and such. If it's not a penalty, how is it cheating? And what do fans have to do with the cheating thing?

16. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I didnt know you were from Philly - I knew PA but not Philly. Im probably like 10 mins away. As for the fans being bad, I agree but the teams here are WORSELOL

17. dyamond

I think they say he was cheating because he fell dramatically to the ground after the guy barely touched him. Guess cuz he knew the the other team would get in trouble? I saw the video and it didnt really look like he hit him hard cuz if he did he wouldnt have chase him first... just my opinion.

18. LauraR

Yep...I'm about 35 miles southwest of Philly...or about an hour and a half away if you take the Schuylkill.:D

haha...yeah...between the phillies lossing 3 games in a row to our wonderful Iggles...I'm thinking the fans are gonna get nastier and nastier.

19. dyamond

Hahahaha and people wonder why I dont support our teams. I do feel bad for the fans... sorta LOL

Are your towards bucks county or delaware county?

20. LauraR

Nope..Chester Co

21. dyamond

So you are close... Im in delaware county.

22. LauraR

Yep...very close. :)

*End of threadjack* :D

23. dyamond

Sorry Grumbles:eek:

24. LauraR

heh...me too.LOL

25. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

To Laura and Dyamond - It was funny reading you two playing 'guess where i live' LOL
    Brightened up the post too ;)

26. wildwolf220

27. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Finally, some proper justice! Dida should take the opportunity and get healed from that horrendous assault, doesn't his team want him to be in good physical condition?rolleyes:D

28. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

29. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

AC Milan are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper now. Dida has tarnished his reputation and hopefully he will never play again.

30. wildwolf220

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds