Help - Domain/Server Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlexJ456, Nov 22, 2014.

1. AlexJ456

AlexJ456 Private E-2

Hi guys.

I have an issue that is affecting my newly founded business.

I purchased a domain off of 1&1, to use on the free hosting site hostinger.

I logged into the domain site and changed the nameservers to point at the hostinger- relatively straight forward.

From this i began to upload my site using FileZilla. The connection was fine at first, at home on the wireless network. After about 15 minutes, I disconnected from the FTP and then tried to access my website and it wouldnt load.

I tried to reconnect to the FTP and that wouldnt work either.

I text my friend and he said that there wasnt a problem and the website was loading fine, both on his laptop and his iPhone - which puzzled me.

I turned my wireless connection off of my iPhone and launched the site - and it worked!

So now, I'm really confused - why will the website load on my 3g but not when im connected to the wireless internet at home? I came to my nans house, tried the same thing and the exact same outcome- website wouldnt load on the laptop, ftp wouldnt connect - but both happened when I tried with my 3g.

Does anybody know what is going on here? Is the issue with the server? Or is it the router blocking access? I have no clue what to do, and as I dont know the root of the problem I am unable to search for solutions.

Any help will be appreciated. :-o

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. AlexJ456

AlexJ456 Private E-2

EDIT: When I try to connect to the ftp it says:

"Connection attempt failed with "Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
    Could not connect to server."

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds