A Special Case... Weird file sizes and creation dates...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jagat, Apr 20, 2007.

?

Have you encountered a similar problem? (or) are you aware of this kind of problem?

1. Faced it earlier and had solved it....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Faced this earlier but unable to find a solution

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Never faced it but know this kinda exist on earth...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Real or Kidding? :: I think it should be posted at [url]http://urbanlegends.about.com[/url]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jagat

Jagat Private E-2

Hello friends........

I have a very very weird problem......

I have a computer...confused and some pen drives / mp3 players (like ipods...)

Now, suddenly one of my pen drive started showing the files with unrecognized characters, sizes of GB and TB each.... and creation date like 2020, 2700 etc.,

I am really confused..... thought of deleteing the files... but unable to ..... it is saying cannot delete the file.

I faced this problem with a couple of other pen drives also.

Once i faced this problem with my friends Computer also, one of the Harddisk partition showed like this..... and i formated the partition and it is ok.

I have formated the pendrives / mp3 players but still again the sequence repeats.

I am attaching some screen shots of the windows explorer.

Can anyone pls let me know whether this is a virus or some kind of problem.....

Please help me in this regard.......

rolleyes

Attached Files:

• a.JPG
      a.JPG
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    • b.JPG
      b.JPG
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
    • c.JPG
      c.JPG
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
  2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Looks more like file system corruption to me. I'm going to move this to the Software Forum. Note you would not get any responses to polls in messages posted in the Malware Forum. No one else can post in your thread except you and authorized malware fighters.

3. Jagat

Jagat Private E-2

ok sure.

pls do something ya....... i am dying for some solution. Actually i dont know where to post this..... thats why.

anyway thanks.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds