Internet Explorer: Internet Page Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by AZYUMA86, Dec 27, 2006.

1. AZYUMA86

AZYUMA86 Private E-2

I have a friend who is trying to setup his new router with an existing ISP. His family has their own computer but he has only used his ISP for Xbox Live. So today he talked to his ISP about getting his DSL line to work with his parents computer, that was no problem. Now if we could get to the routers configuration page we would be good as we would just put in the proper IP settings, however, getting to that configuration page is the problem.

When he connects his DSL line to his computer he is able to sign on to things like MSN messanger. However, the problem comes from his Internet Explorer. When he opens it up he is greeted with a white page that won't load anything and doesn't say anything. If he tries to enter a page address the same thing happens. I understand it could be and probably is a spyware problem. However, he doesn't have the tools on this computer to remove them and with out his browser working he can't download them. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated and if it is something else please let me know. I'm not in the same city as him but I can get any information that someone may need to help. Thanks!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

This post may be better answered in the networking forum.

But, if ye are trying to access the router, can ye not read the manual (Not trying to make you seem dumb, or anything). :)

Or, ye can click START, then RUN, then type in: cmd (if xp) press enter.

type in:

ipconfig (press enter).

the defualt gateway will be the ip of the router.

Within the browser of your choice, type in the IP of the gateway, then ye should be able to access the router info.

For the IE issue, he isn't using a proxy, correct?

3. AZYUMA86

AZYUMA86 Private E-2

I guess I should have been more clear. Mentioning the router was just to give some background of what is going on. The chief problem is that even when he is plugged into the net and things like MSN messenger work his internet browsers don't. Any help on this problem would be welcomed.

4. Yinx123

Yinx123 Private E-2

Hey there. I'm an engineer for a company called TG systems in Bedfordshire and have just come accross this same problem on a customers pc.

I've managed to come up with a rather (dumb) way of getting a page to load but only one page.

If for example you want to get into Facebook. Add it as your home page and reload explorer. seems to work.

Spybot partly cured the problem for a short time ,but once restarted, the issue reappears.

I wont bother going into everything i've tried cos nothing has worked so far.

I'll keep updating though.

Best of luck

Yinx

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

This thread is over a year old. You need to look at the dates before responding to a question. ;)

Welcome to MGs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds