Office 2003 upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deuce47, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Deuce47

Deuce47 Private E-2

Hello all...

I currently have two office computers that I want to upgrade from Office 2000 to Office 2003. Will I need to uninstall 2000 before I install 2003 OR can I just install over the top of it?

Also,

If I install over the top of 2000, will it save all the account settings? Or do I have to go back through our guy who's hosting the email server and get those passwords and account information?

Please let me know!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, you can install over the older versions, and yes, it should maintain your settings. (Although, it wouldn't hurt to get the information from your server administrator, just in case)

You should note however, that you will not immediately get an Outlook 2003 data file, which is vastly superior to previous versions. (Previous versions have a 2GB limit that, once reached, will prevent Outlook from sending/receiving mail)

See this Microsoft KB titled, How to manage .pst files in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003 for instructions on how to upgrade your data file.

3. Deuce47

Deuce47 Private E-2

Thanks a ton!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds