atioglxx.dll error? games crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ihatemy2000$computer, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Ihatemy2000$computer

Ihatemy2000$computer Private E-2

Not entirely sure it this is the right area but anyway...

I've had this computer for about a month and everythings been working fine, and I had been gaming all along with no problems, mostly Call of duty, Battlefield 1942 and Hearts of Iron. Now all of the sudden I've been having problems with some games. It first happened while playing Call of Duty in multiplayer. The game locks up and I get a CODMP.exe error message. When I return to desktop everything is very bright and I have to restart to get the colors back to normal (if I played the game in windowed mode the desktop doesnt turn bright on the crash). BF1942 also has problems, but that game just CTD'ed w/ no error or nothing. Hearts of Iron 2, which I also play alot and has very little gfx demand has no problems at all. Haven't tried any other games really except these three.

The message says something like 'CODMP.exe has experiencned an unexpected error" dont remember exactly what but it does seem to have something to do with atioglxx.dll

This is the error report when it crashes:
    AppName: codmp.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll
    ModVer: 6.14.10.5147 Offset: 0008379f

And again the System event veiwer:
    Faulting application codmp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module atioglxx.dll, version 6.14.10.5147, fault address 0x0008379f.

The event veiwer is slightly different when playing single player:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.

As mentioned Battlefield 1942 gives no error at all, just CTD. Curiously BF2 demo has no problems at all.

Again this problem started occuring suddenly without any recent software changes being made. I'm using the latest Catalyst drivers (tried a clean reinstall of them) and I have tried turning Fast Write off which did not help. Also tried system restore, virus scan and I use Ad Aware and spybot, just to cover everything. Is it possible to just find a download or something of this atioglxx.dll file, if that is what is causing the problem?

Specs:
    Windows XP SP 2
    2.2 Ghz AMD Athlon XP 3200+
    1 Gig Ram
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    256 MB ATI Radeon x800 Pro

2. DirectAnim

DirectAnim Private E-2

I'm a game developer, and on a google search, I came across this page. It seems that this flaw occurs very infrequently to me, but the only time it ever happens is if the following is true:

*You have a multithreaded application with an OpenGL part and worker thread parts
    *A pointer is passed to OpenGL which is subsequently modified by the worker thread sometime after it is verified by OpenGL

For the life of me, this is the only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this issue. It's probably just bad programming considerations on the part of the original game developers, but I'm not really sure.

My only guess is that your processor (a very nice one, I might add) is so fast that some operations that are usually atomic aren't being processed in an atomic fashion. I don't know if this is the case, but it's worth a shot.

My suggestion is to upgrade your version of OpenGL if you can.

3. Missay

Missay Private E-2

I get the EXACT same error, its starting to piss me off :mad:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds