Converting digital camcorder tapes to DVDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Taiti, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Taiti

Taiti Private E-2

I have been trying to download tape from my digital video camcorder to my desktop computer to create DVDs. I upgraded my memory from 256 to 512 RAM. I installed an additional 50 gig harddrive to save the downloaded video to. I installed a new DVD burner, a firewire port and purchased software to generate the DVDs. My computer has 1.7 ghz of speed and is operating on windows XP. Every time I begin to download the video from the camcorder device through the firewire port it locks up my entire computer. The most recent advice I received was to update all drivers which I did and to make sure I am closed out of all programs prior to downloading. My little project is turning into a frustrating nightmare. Please help.

2. kevinsyder

kevinsyder Private E-2

what software are you using please?

3. Taiti

Taiti Private E-2

I tried downloading both using the windows software as well as the ULEAD software. The computer locked up using both.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds