"Safely Remove Hardware" Icon won't go bye-bye

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, May 30, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

~*UPDATED*~ - I'd remove this post if I knew how, but I think that I "may" have found my answer in a "search" here - thanks again ...

Ok, so the other night I uninstalled a LexMark printer, and installed a Dell printer, hoping the Dell would 'match-up' better ("work"??) with this Dell PC. As occasionally happens, I've gotten the Icon (mentioned in the Title above) down in the lower right-side of the taskbar (next to the clock), and don't recall how I've gotten rid of it in the past ... not that I tend to quit easily, but I'm sure this thing is probably draining resources (correct?), which I just don't have extra to spare on this PC.

Any takers?

Thanks,
    g ...

2. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you thank you - thoust from Cloud Cuckoo Land! :-D

3. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Kestrels in Cockoo land eh?

This place is going to the birds.
    :-D

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

It really is - I mean, I'm rather "cheap", and EVERYONE knows that my big EGG-head is rather "scrambled"!!!

Well, gotta "fly" now ...

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Did I mention that the "flighty" icon "flew the coup"??

And for those finding yourselves agreeing a li'l too hardily with my 'scrambled bird-brain' comment on myself, ya know what they say about 'birds of a feather, flocking together'!?! ;) :duck <--- this one's called; "duck" - get it??

Oh, and for joelsz: ol' "grc123" is Lovin' that avatar!!!

6. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

:clap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds