documents folder on start bar

Discussion in 'Software' started by cemino, Dec 24, 2003.

1. cemino

cemino Private E-2

i know that i have seen this posted before but i cant find it when doing a seach. I want to remove the my documents folder from my start bar, i would also like to remove the help and support shortcut as well. How would i go about doing this? thanks in advance.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

right click on the task bar.. go to toolbars and uncheck the "my documents" folder..

for the help and support..follow the picuture below. Start with right clicking on the start button and selecting properties. uncheck the highlighted box.

Attached Files:

3. cemino

cemino Private E-2

When right clicking on the task bar and going to toolbars, the my documents folder isnt an option.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

so you don't see anything like the below photo?

Attached Files:

• qbt.jpg
      qbt.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
  5. cemino

cemino Private E-2

I have the following: address, links, quicklaunch, desktop, and new toolbar

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

try adding the my documents folder to the quicklaunch, applying it and then removing it.

7. cemino

cemino Private E-2

ive tried that as well and it is still there

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'll see if I can find some registry entry tomorrow.. getting late for me here and I currently don't have a solution for you.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cemino... I take it you are using XP? if yes then do you have Pro?

If so you can take advantage of Group Policys gpedit.msc to find and disable what you want goto RUN > type gpedit.msc [enter] then click User Config > Admin Templates > Start Menu & Task Bar and then your faced with a whole load of adjustables ( Be Carefull tho )

just double click the one you want and set to disable and apply

gpedit is only available with Pro so if you have Home a registry fix will proberbly be needed and one of us will find it for you at some point

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  10. cemino

cemino Private E-2

thanks to those of you that responded. it dawned on my after about 5 hours that i had not yet installed tweak ui since the last time i upgraded. this solved both of my problems. thanks for the response

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds