need help in accessing a website

Discussion in 'Software' started by clemmo, Jan 20, 2004.

1. clemmo

clemmo Private E-2

am working with dell dimension 4600 windows xp and i'm trying to access a website. i get into the site ok but can't access its chat area. i'm thinking maybe my security is blocking it. how can i check to see if that is the case and can i disable it enough to get into the chat area.
    thanks.

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

clem, when you signed up to get into the chat group, did you get a cookie that you might have deleted since then? Most chat groups don't let complete strangers just walk in, and in order to control entry, they use a sign-up form and a password or a cookie. Got cookies?

And chat could require that your java be enabled.

And if you have another browser, try it. There are some pages I just can't access in one browser but can in another.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Knowing that Windows doesn't ship with java anymore, is it plausible it is a java chat?

If so, you will need to get the Sun JVM:

http://java.sun.com

4. clemmo

clemmo Private E-2

Adrynalyne, I think you're right. I'll download the java but when I went to the java download site I was confronted with too many options. which one do i download?
    Thanks

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds