No internet after Rootkit removed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jaggy95, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jaggy95

Jaggy95 Private E-2

Hi,

I'm using my friends pc now because my pc lost internet connection after avast finding a rootkit.Avast removed the rootkit but still no internet connection and i've scanned ly whole computer but didn't find anything.Any chance you guys can help me? :confused

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Jaggy95, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

Just because you've scanned doesn't mean that the machine is clean. I strongly suggest that you perform all of the steps listed in the Read & Run Me First thread, then start a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum and attach the requested logs to your first post(s) in that thread.

Meanwhile, we here in the Software Forum need some more info from you: what's the make and model # of your machine (please include any Service Tag #s), and what operating system version and Service Pack # are you using?

Also, please download EVEREST, a free system information tool.

Transfer that program to the problem machine, install and run it. When the scan completes select 'Report', 'Quick Report', 'Plain Text'. Select 'File', 'Save As...', name the report, and save to an easily found location such as the Desktop.

Transfer that file back to an internet-connected machine, then attach that file to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds