lenovo 3000 c200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skitz, Dec 27, 2006.

1. skitz

skitz Private E-2

i recently acquired a lenovo 3000 c200, and was wondering if it was possible, or feasable(from a monetary standpoint) to upgrade the cpu from its current "celeron M" to a core 2 duo....
    I have searched the lenovo site and have not found whether this is a socketed motherboard or if the celeron is actually soldered to the motherboard...

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...
    skitz

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

the mobo might not be able to handle the new core 2 cpu. Even though the cpu socket is the same, sometimes mobos will only support certain types of processors. I say just keep what you have. How big is the celeron anyway?

3. skitz

skitz Private E-2

the celeron is a 1.66 ghz Celeron M, windows vista capable.....
    they did have the same lenovo model with the dual core, but it was quite a bit more expensive(around 400 more)
    i am happy with the current configuration, but was wondering about the benefits of dual core, for making backups and playing of cd's on the laptop while at work.

4. padams

padams First Sergeant

well...dual core is for multitasking really. If you plan on doing multiple things at the same time that are very stressful on your processor then a dual core cpu would come in handy. You just kind of need to ask yourself what you're going to be doing with the laptop. That will help you decide whether it's worth dropping the cash for the dual core chip. That is if you can install one on your laptop. More than likely you can.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds