Graphics Driver issue?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tyrant64, Mar 24, 2011.

1. tyrant64

tyrant64 Private E-2

I'm curious what's going on here. I let my niece on my laptop two days ago, and as of ... two days ago :) My computer will no longer play video files.
    The audio track will play, but not the video.
    I've tried in VLC, WMPC, WMP, Winamp, Quicktime, and DivX.
    I've also updated my drivers via ATI's website, so now I'm wondering... is this a simple codec issue?
    'Cause if so... K-lite isn't fixing it.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3100

2. tyrant64

tyrant64 Private E-2

In addition, (Sorry for the double post, but my edit took too long and it wouldn't let me add this in:
    Compatibility list for ATI's catalyst suite:
    Except, (Even though I show as compatible) when I attempt to install it, I get this.
    [​IMG]
    Your help and time are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you at Sp1 for Win7?

I would uninstall all Codec Packs you have installed as many will conflict with each other, then do a CCleaner cleanup and then the registry clean (run the registry one until nothing lists for removal), then try the Shark Win7Codecs HERE

Then let us know what make & model of Laptop you have? as it is worth uninstalling the ATi driver you already have installed then installing the one from the Laptop makers site as they do at times customise the spec of cards and the unified drivers direct from ATi don't always work.

4. tyrant64

tyrant64 Private E-2

Issue solved.
    I am now in love with CC Cleaner.
    I had previously un-installed all of the K-lite codecs, but the issue was not solved by a simple control panel uninstall.
    Thanks a lot! I feared I would have to re-acquire all of Carl Sagan's Cosmos series... I thought the files had been corrupted :(
    <3 thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds