Vertical lines on screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fabi, Jun 18, 2008.

1. fabi

fabi Private E-2

Hi

I have a dell laptop and it's now displaying vertical lines of different colours on the screen.

They started on the right side of the monitor and increased to 10, now another one appeared right in the middle and the area around it is discoulored.

I hooked my computer to another screen and the lines weren't there so the problem is with the monitor.

Is there a cheap solution to this problem?

thanks

Fabi

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

Yes, either the LCD panel and / or the inverter maybe faulty or the power cable connected to the back of the LCD panel has come slightly loose.

Dell have good online manual so have a look. If the LCD panel connector has come loose no real probs. As to the LCD panel and inverter, these are not difficult to replace. Probably takes about 30mins for someone who has done this before. I usually find replacements on ebay.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds