Email reminders in Gmail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Earthling, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I have to take medication twice a day and I'm too often missing the second one about 10pm. It would help if I had a daily email reminder about this as I should hear the reminder arriving, either on my laptop or on my phone. Gmail help says this is possible - see pic - but nowhere can I find the Create button. I don't want to create this as a forever recurring event in Calendar as it clutters up the display too much.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I use this gadget - sits on my desktop and can be set for multiple times and is customizable to notify you with a song on your comp, if you choose to do so.

https://sites.google.com/site/gdesktoparchive/gadgets/tools/date-n-time/clocks/digiwatch-old

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. Earthling

4. Earthling

I use a Windows phone and still have a bit to learn about it yet. Better get digging ;)

5. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

6. Earthling

Simple question - can this app be used simply to generate an email once every 24 hours? Having had a quick read of the blurb I couldn't understand whether it could or could not.

I haven't abandoned anything at all, it's just that the Gmail help article on how to do this does not seem to apply any more.

7. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

The advanced options can be configured.

I've not used this choice, but you could experiment.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Attached Files:

8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Use your phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo which is the basic Galaxy. Create an alarm and set it to repeat every day.

You can also install Free Alarm Clock on your PC. There's also a portable version you can run from a USB flash drive and take it with you wherever you go.

http://www.freealarmclocksoftware.com/

With 2 alarms you will not miss taking your medication.

PS There's also Windows Task Scheduler...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  9. Earthling

It's an email I really want, so I get it whether on my phone or my laptop, and I've found a simple answer by setting a recurring event in my outlook.com calendar. The cluttered calendar doesn't bother me as I never use it, I use the Google calendar.

But I'll also take a look at what I can do with my phone. Thanks :)

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

11. Earthling

Thanks plodr. My Windows phone does do alarms though so I've set one and the calendar one too and see which helps me most, though the way my memory is these days it might be a good idea to have both, half an hour apart ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds