Sound problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Howmanator, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Howmanator

Howmanator Corporal

My Windows 7 HDD was acting up so I repaired it with the Win 7 install disc. I had to reinstall all drivers, but Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity drivers will not install. Before the issues, I was using the sound cards' install disc for Vista and it worked fine with updates.

By the description, you can see that my card is a few years old, but it worked fine before I reinstalled the O/S. I followed the same set-up, but now I get the, product not installed message.

As I worked that out the next message from Creative states "error i-001". Can you guys assist me? My finances will not afford a new Win 7 compatible card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds